- Strategy and customer experience director responsible for the development and maintenance of discovery processes, research, artifacts and personnel to setup high-end website developments for Fortune 1000 clients. Staff includes web strategists, UX/visual designers and business analysts.
- Digital strategist and UX/information architect responsible for discovery, analysis, and strategies for multiple clients at business, marketing,
- UX and information architecture levels. Work included user research, personas, buyer’s journey mapping, content audits and the development of user requirements, user stories to support Agile development, business/task analysis and UX/CX architecture for client and internally developed websites.
- Was responsible for bringing new techniques to the studio which included Lean UX practices, customer experience (CX) holistic approach and personalization/digital marketing strategies.
- UX/technical architect and product owner for multiple in-home presentation (IHP) apps for the home improvement industry and EAA airshow app deployed on iOS and Android platforms.
- Marketing Director, UX architect and Product manager for mSeven Software iOS, Android, Windows mobile and desktop apps in the Apple App store, Windows 8 and Google Play stores.
CLIENTS WORKED FOR
Brands worked for while at Accenture, Hanson Dodge, Full House, CI Design, InfoTech, Robert Half, DPA Software and Luminos Labs – Miller Brewing, Miller Electric, EAA, Cultivate/Standard Process, Children’s Hospital, City of Aspen Chamber, Ogden Publishing, Pentair, Rainsoft Water Systems, Owens Corning, Brady, Bradley, Belden, KSwiss, MPC, Hanson Home Improvement, Window Works, Bathwraps, Quantum Sails, National Business Furniture, Briggs and Riley, Delaware North, Buy Seasons, Eaton, Time of Grace, Dr Comfort, Rexnord, Bemis, ASQ, Robert Morris University, ESPN, Kalmback Publishing, Lonely Planet, Rite-Hite, Alto-Shaam, Lowes, Hansons, CSS Industries, Northshore Care, Coastal Farm and more.
Digital Strategy/IA/UX/BA Skills:
Use cases, user research, usability, findability, work-flow, persona development, customer journey mapping, keyword research, controlled vocabulary, contextual enquiry, site maps, user stories, requirements, mock-ups, wireframes, protocol, activity, data and domain modeling, information architecture, product taxonomy, navigation layout, user surveys, beta testing and task analysis website applications, e-commerce sites and mobile/tablet apps.
Managed multiple teams of various sizes including on-site and off-site UX, engineering, and marketing support using waterfall and Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- Used business model canvas, SWOT, brand positioning, personas, customer experience maps to frame business environment and develop business and marketing strategies as part of overall business plans.
- Set up marketing automation and web-based system to initiate and manage product sales, resellers, affiliates and consulting relationships.
- Performed marketing strategy, site and competitive audits/analysis to recommend Pay Per Click (PPC), Organic SEO, and SEM marketing tactics.
- Developed and arranged intellectual property licensing agreements, reseller, development, distribution, on-boarding and consulting agreements.
Application / Tools Skills:
Axure, Balsamiq, OmniGraffle, Microsoft Visio, UsabilityTools.com, UserTesting.com, Loop11, MouseFlow, Survey Gizmo, Survey Monkey, Amazon Mechanical Turk, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, Project, Publisher, SharePoint, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Trello, Confluence, JIRA, Sketch, Zeplin, Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, Spyfu, SEM Rush, AHREFs, SEO Screaming Frog.
Programming / Frameworks:
Manage Windows-based hosting services on Windows Server, IIS, SonicWall firewall, SSH/Terminal Services, Plesk, SQL Server, MySQL, with Email, Stats, FTP and DNS Services.
Sitecore, Episerver, Insite, Umbraco, Drupal, WordPress, Kentico, Magento, SalesForce, Microsoft Dynamics, Stibo Step, InRiver, RiverSand, Mongo, Schema.io, Navision, Marketo, Sitecore DMS/Experience Manager, AWS, Amazon Mechanical Turk and Amazon Machine Learning Platform.
Luminos Labs, Milwaukee, WI - Jun 2018 – Dec 2019 (FTE)
[Luminos Labs is an Episerver System Integrator of eCommerce marketing platforms for Fortune 5000 companies]
Strategy and CX Director
- Served as director of strategy and customer experience services – responsible for Website strategies and customer experience services to clients including discovery, business/task analysis, solution strategy, UX/CX design, information architecture, digital marketing strategies and internal process improvement for client processes and websites.
- Managed teams of UX architects, UX designers, Visual Designers, SEO strategists, business analysts FTE and consultants on high-end website projects of $250K-$1.5M.
CI Design, Milwaukee, WI - Jan 2015 – Jun 2018 (consulting)
[CI Design is a Brand and Interactive Agency specializing in mobile apps, websites, video and graphic design]
Senior UX/Information Architect
- Served as digital strategist responsible for discovery, business/task analysis, solution strategy, UX/CX design, information architecture, digital marketing strategies and internal process improvement for client and their apps and websites.
App Product Owner/UX/Technical Architect
- As technical/UX architect, was responsible for discoveries with new and existing clients to determine scope, technical approach, and project approach, then producing solution strategy with best practices, users stories, wireframes, and information architecture.
- Used multiple CMS and App frameworks including, iOS, Android, Cordova/PhoneGap, Angular, JSON, Drupal, WordPress, Magento, Kentico, Umbraco, and custom .NET/PHP in client projects.
- Applications included several home improvement apps and server platforms to perform sales enablement, pricing, contracts and order entry in customer and Salesforce CRM / ERP systems.
- Managed offshore teams using Agile development process.
National Business Furniture, Milwaukee, WI - Aug 2017 – May 2018 (consulting)
[B2B eCommerce furniture supplier for business, healthcare, government and education markets]
Digital Transformation Strategist
- Developed strategic personas, journey maps and brand positioning for company.
- Performed primary/second user research and competitive analysis in the strategy development process.
- Served as UX and information architecture for e-commerce website and conversion optimizations for the NBF family of websites.
- Performed usability testing and UX test suites for migration to a new website platform.
- Developed and implemented a customer experience (CX) and Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey system to track customer satisfaction with sales and customer service departments on the Survey Gizmo platform.
- CX survey system included automated bad experience notifications and automated periodic representative and management reports.
InfoTech Enterprises, Brookfield, WI - Jan-Apr 2017 (Contract Consultant)
[Staff augmentation agency for business and website applications]
- Developed strategic personas, journey maps and brand positioning for two website projects.
- Create Information Architecture and Wire Frame prototypes.
Aquent, Milwaukee, WI - Jan-Apr 2017 (contract consultant)
[Staff augmentation agency for creative professionals]
UX/Information Architect/Expert Consultant
- A member of UX expert network called upon to interview UX candidates and advise clients regarding UX needs.
- Finalized and prototyped e-commerce shopping cart and checkout wireframes in Axure for high-end audio website built on Schema.io database. Designed quick-entry order systems for OEM and dealers.
UX/Information Architect for LayerOne Media
- Developed discovery and solution strategy for FinTech services software provider website.
- Performed customer profile development, competitive analysis, web strategy, sitemap, UX selling frames, content map, buyer’s journey and wireframe prototypes.
- Also, assisted in the technical strategy integrating Marketo and Sitecore platforms.
Buy Seasons, New Berlin, WI - Jul 2015 – Feb 2016 (contract consulting)
[Costume and Party Supplies eCommerce retailer]
UX manager for UX / Information Architecture for eCommerce Re-platform Project
- Developed the UX wireframes for an improved version of shopping cart and checkout for the 3 primary websites that net over $20M annually.
- Effort included competitive and best practices research, workflow and interaction design, wireframes, usability testing and development support. Project completed successfully in 3 months.
- Developed the enterprise conceptual data model and architecture for an Episerver re-platform project. Included data modeling, product taxonomies, wireframes, product configurators for one B2B and three B2C websites.
- Created usability test plans and executed a findability test of the new product taxonomy. Developed Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) strategy with selling frames and personalization panels based on traffic patterns.
- Managed the UX team to deliver a set of updated personas and style tiles for the new website.
DPA Software, Waukesha, WI Jan 2015 – Jun 2015
[Website and App consultancy and execution team]
Web Strategist / BA
For MHImaging.com website update, a multi-site medical imaging provider in SW Wisconsin
As business strategist and analyst, produced assessment of medical imaging market in Southeastern Wisconsin, making recommending business model adjustments and re-branding of service over the next 5 years to remain competitive in the face of medical imaging industry changes. Executed phase one brand and website update.
Hanson Dodge Milwaukee, WI Jun 2013 – Jan 2015 (FTE)
[Premier Brand and Interactive agency for lifestyle brand companies]
Senior UX/Information Architect
- As Senior UX/Information Architect, responsible for UX and business, discovery, analysis, and strategies for multiple clients. Worked included user research, content audits and the development of user requirements, user stories to support agile development, business/task analysis and UX/CX architecture for client and internally developed websites
- Was responsible for bringing new techniques to the studio which included Lean UX practices, customer experience (CX) holistic approach and personalization/DMS strategies.
- IA/UX work included development of user stories, menu system design, site maps, data modeling, wireframes and navigation prototypes in Axure.
- Used analytics and Mouseflow session recording to optimize e-Commerce website and SEO.
- Designed component based design-patterns for Sitecore and Kentico CMS to reduce costs for B2B websites.
EAA App Product Owner/UX/Technical Architect
- As product owner and technical/UX architect EAA Show app, responsible for the development to assist user in wayfinding and planning their activities with an airshow app.
- The app includes a custom GPS map to locate events and personal locations on the event grounds.
- Also includes an event planning system with notifications for planned events and custom notifications sourced from a Sitecore server.
- App for Android and iOS was developed in four months by an off-shore team.
Website UX/Information Architect/Data Modeling/Content Audit
- Performed IA/UX work for MillerWelds.com, including website audit, data modeling for Sitecore CMS and Riversand PIM (product information management), new site map, taxonomy development, workflow analysis, responsive/adaptive strategies, menu system design and findability testing and wireframes in Axure and UsabilityTools.com.
- Wireframed a series of product configurators to assist users in buying products.
- Managed team of UX professionals to accelerate the project timeline.
Sitecore Experience Manager Strategist and UX Architect
- Set up digital marketing and personalization strategies and tactics for Sitecore DMS/experience manager systems for Ogden, Kalmback and Delaware North clients.
- Engagements included the development of personas, customer experience map, conversion goals, email and social campaigns, and user stories.
- Produced sales presentation, discovery/solution strategy templates and training documents for Sitecore experience manager.
mSeven Software Portland, OR Nov 2010 – Jun 2013
[Cross platform Password Manager applications]
- Developed branding, logos, tagline and sales points for the mSeven product line.
- Setup and Manage store relationships for Android, Microsoft, Windows and Mac stores. Created infographic, press releases and technical articles for PR and content marketing programs.
- Setup article websites with keyword domain names and a marketing automation drip email program to improve Google Ranking for targeted keywords and customer engagement.
- Work with potential partners on distribution deals and ad programs.
- Develop new business models for the next generation of products.
- Wrote scripts and managed the development of two app videos for iPhone and Android stores.
- Developed competitive analysis, pricing models, customer surveys, branding guidelines and prioritized new product features.
Information Architecture / UX / Product Management
- Performed the UX on two redesigns of mSeven websites and all mSecure Apps (Android, iPhone, Windows 8) user interface updates including Facebook integration and multiple store APIs.
- Managed the development of Android, Windows and Windows 8 platforms. Managed backlog for all products in the company, setting up and managing work for all off-shore developers and consultants. Worked with customers on level 3 support problems to gather solid steps-to-reproduce for developers.
Full House Milwaukee, WI Oct 2010 – 4wk contract
[Design and Interactive Agency]
Information Architecture analysis and design for Rexnord website redesign.
DPA Software Waukesha, WI Apr 2010 – Sept 2010
[Contract Consulting and Programming]
Project manager and programmer for the development of an Android version of mSecure Password manager. Responsible for project plan, technical implementation, usability and test plan with the assistance of off-shore development resources. Joined mSeven Software full-time.
Accenture / Miller Coors, Milwaukee, WI Jan 2009 – Apr 2010
[International Consulting and staff augmentation]
Program Manager/SCRUM master for Miller/Coors commercial development projects in the business intelligence capability area. Responsible for $1M planning system and $2.6M POS web site development.
DPA Software Waukesha WI Jan 1991-Dec 2008
[Products / Contract Consulting]
DPA Software develops database driven web sites for various business and consumer applications. Product management and project manager of Intellihance, an automatic image enhancement software system with an annual product sales of $3M/yr. Also developed and manage a line of 14 web development add-ins for Microsoft web development products.
Visual Information Technologies Inc Plano TX 1986-1991
[Developer and manufacturer of image computers for military and graphic arts applications]
VP Engineering and Co-founder of a Venture-Capital start-up, Visual Information Technologies, to develop VLSI, hardware accelerators and software libraries for image processing applications. Raised $16M in funding from Agfa, TRW, First Boston and others. Company sold to AMP/Connectware.
Mostek Carrolton TX 1984-1986
[VLSI chip manufacturer] – Lead system architect on graphics and imaging chip set.
Gottlieb/Mylstar Addison Illinois 1982-1984
[Video game and Pinball manufacturer]
Project leader and hardware developer of the MACH III video disk game making over $20M in 8 months.
Motorola Schaumburg Illinois 1981-1982
[OEM Electronic manufacturer] – Developed OEM subsystems.
EDUCATION, ASSOCIATIONS, REFERENCES AND PORTFOLIO LINKS
EDUCATION, ASSOCIATIONS AND REFERENCES
BSEE Marquette University – Graduated Jan 1981
Former SPIE, IEEE and ACM member TQM training, Accenture Agile/Scrum Master
Awarded 7 Patents
REFERENCES – Available upon Request
See Linked-In page for recommendations
Sample Websites worked on: https://www.millerwelds.com/, http://www.gracedowntown.org/, https://www.belden.com/, https://www.aspenchamber.org, https://www.briggs-riley.com, https://www.visitsequoia.com/, https://www.visitgrandcanyon.com, https://engineeringunleashed.com/, https://www.nationalbusinessfurniture.com/
MillerWelds Wireframes with Usability Study
Travel Site Wireframes with Sitecore Experience Personas
EAA Air Venture App
Created first version of EAA Air Venture app in 3 months after which client now maintains in-house. App enabled air show attendees to view, filter, and search AirVenture events, attractions, visitor services, destinations, speakers, and exhibitors. The Map and Search section makes it easy for users to find exactly what they are looking for. As product owner and technical architect, responsible for the SiteCore integration with the EAA website, general UX and offline management functions as the internet access on the EAA grounds was intermittent.
mSecure Password Management System
Developed initial Android version of mSecure app from iOS version. Product included a iOS and Android app and Windows / Mac desktop app. As product manager and marketing director, revenues increase 5-times as new pricing and marketing strategies were implemented. Also managed app store relationships with Apple, Amazon, Nook, Google PlayStore and other marketing channels.
In-Home-Presentation Home Improvement App
An iOS / Android Cordova app that Home Improvement Salespersons used in in-home sales visits to pitch and configure Replacement Windows, Roofing, Siding, Gutters and Insulation products for single family homes. The App interfaced to client data system to download pricing and product info. As product manager, UX and technical architect, app was designed so that sales team could operate without internet access. In-home sales process included the ability to present buyer with various incentives to buy and finance home improvement products offerings. Deployed as Apple Enterprise app.
In-Home-Presentation Home Improvement App 2
Another iOS / Android Cordova app that Home Improvement Salespersons used in in-home sales visits to pitch and configure Replacement Windows, Roofing, Siding, Gutters, and Doors products for single family homes. The App interfaced to Google Spreadsheets to download pricing and product info. As product manager, UX and technical architect, app was designed so that sales team could operate without internet access. In-home sales process included the ability to present buyer with various incentives to buy and finance home improvement products offerings. Deployed as Apple Enterprise app.
Sales Contest App
App used to track sales contest progress. Connected to central database to get and report sales response to contest parameters.
Water Softener Management App
App was used to connect the water softener head to WiFi and then notify user when salt was low and if water-softener failed.
- Nomads – Menticide (SciFi Triller in development)
- Capt. Nibbles Comic Strip – Star Trek Inspired Cat cartoon.
- Spouse: Mary Lori Pfeiffer
- Six Children: Michell, Catherine, Amanda, Jonathan, Kaitlyn and Meghan.